Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Ommegang all day long

This summer I had a need for a case of beer (rare) and at my 2nd closest distributor I find an Ommegang variety pack. Since 24 of the same beer is shocking to my system and since the next best option was Dogfish 60 min (so tired of it!), Ommegang it was even though I hadn't drunk anything from them in a really long time. Hennepin, Pale Ale, Dubbel and Three Philosophers Quad. What this variety pack made me realize is that Belgian Pale Ales do exist and are tasty! Next favorite, the Hennepin, then the Dubbel and finally the Quad. All A rated beers (except 3 Phil) which made me like Ommegang again even though I still think they're stuck in some sort of Belgium is the best wonderland. Drink again? Yes! Buy again? At $60, it wasn't a cheap case (actually it was he most expensive) but the per bottle price really wasn't bad at all. Maybe I'd buy a case of Pale and Hennepin over the variety pack now that I know what I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment